Thursday, October 27, 2011

All Hallows Eve, Another Pet Peeve

I love Halloween. I was that kid who wouldn't be able to sleep because of excitement the whole week before the sacred day. I would drop my backpack at the door when I got home from school, rush into my room and put on my costume to strut my stuff around the house. I did this from probably age 4 to only god knows how long... wait a second... I just did that a few minutes ago....
As Halloween inches near pumpkins are being chosen and carved, corn mazes are ventured, the onset of Type 1 (childhood) diabetes is being fueled, and slutty costumes being picked out. I think it's interesting that in college it is the norm to dress up - or actually- dress in as little possible, right on the threshold of being charged with indecent exposure. It has become socially acceptable to dress like this on the onset of November... where most places it actually snows (I love California...)

For $56.99 you can get this awesome costume! (hard hat not included, or boots, or socks.... or hammer). Oh yeah, and an added bonus... you'll probably lose some more weight after you buy it -- because pneumonia usually does that to you. It just blows my mind that some women actually dress this skimpy in 50 degrees weather- and what I find more entertaining is that the women who actually do dress like this are usually the ones that demand respect and to magically skip the line-up for the beer pong table. If I was a guy looking at you wearing that costume, shaking like a leaf because of the cold, psssh, there wouldn't be a chance in hell that I would lend you my jacket -- who knows what kind of advanced and mutated strain of STDs you may have.
I personally believe in leaving some for the imagination. There are many ways to dress up in a costume that don't pin you as the easy girl at the party. I'm not telling you to be a nun or anything - but put a little imagination into it. Remember as well that a great figure or physique is nice, but it's self confidence that makes someone really sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment