Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Old People and Hand Sanitizer

Old people and hand sanitizer. That's what it smells like in the waiting room at the doctors office. In my previous blog, I talked about how I enjoy people watching. I swear, another one of the best places for people watching is at the doctors office. As some people are anxiously waiting, others are patiently distracting themselves by thumbing through the 10 month old magazines that are probably riddled with germs, and of course you have the screaming children running amok while their parents frantically try to "shush" them and keep them under control. These are my favorite interactions to watch.
 Kids fascinate me. They have such an innocence,  a unique and untainted view of the world. Everything is intrinsically interesting to them and they are always very observant. From what my parents told me, I was a very observant child. If I remember correctly, I would definitely peg myself for that annoying child who just won't stop asking "why?" about everything until you reach the point of either pulling your hair out or grabbing the bottle. This trait about myself seemed to carry on into adulthood.... Not picking up the bottle, but instead how observant I enjoy being and asking the question "why?".

So why do people act the way they do? This is a question that can never be fully answered and is why I find the social sciences to be so alluring. I am happy that I wake up everyday knowing that I chose the right field of study. Now comes the real hard part however.... Finding a job, and picking a Graduate school.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment