Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You know what really grinds my gears? #1

Just a few things that bother me about everyday life, and their justification:

Swag. I just don't understand swag. Swag just makes me think you are making up for something (in the downstairs department...) and makes me know for a fact that you are lacking in the intellectual department. I don't get the whole "Im hard" walk and talk. You look retarded. Please, try and use proper grammar and not add "-shizzle" after everything. And yeah, I'm that person rolling my eyes at you. So stop acting like a peacock and grow up.

Flouride in the water. Sure, the government started putting fluoride in the water in order to prevent tooth decay, a noble reason, but low and behold, its toxic for our bodies! So I guess choose your poison: British looking teeth, or a decline in bone density, correlated lower IQs, and thyroid dysfunctions. In my humble opinion, I rather have a cavity or two than a plethora of absurdly unnatural things happening to my body. For more info : (http://www.fluoridealert.org/absurdity.htm)

Christmas music... in excess, and in any other month besides December. I had an old roommate who would play Christmas music, more specifically, Mariah Carey and N'sync Christmas music (in June) that made me almost want to punch a baby. Please, keep the Christmas spirit to yourself. I swear I'm not a scrooge, I enjoy decorating the tree, putting up tinsel and all that other festive stuff, but keep the sticky, catchy, stuck-in-my-head-all-day music at a minimum. I understand now why people spike the eggnog at Christmas parties.

People who talk on the phone really loud in public places. Okay guys, you aren't talking through a can-and-string phone, this is 2011, they make good enough phones now that you can talk in a normal volume. You aren't yelling at a drive through speaker at Jack-in-the-Box at 2.15am.. although those tacos always seem to hit the spot when it comes to late night munchies.

Lastly, The laws about wearing seat belts bother me. The people who don't wear seat belts in cars are only endangering themselves really. I understand why it's dangerous to talk on the phone and drive, because it slows your reaction time and potentially puts others on the road in danger, but to not wear a seatbelt and drive...? Fine by me.  If this law was revoked, this could potentially be natural selection at its finest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm only going to comment on the seatbelt bit. In the US it makes sense, to a degree. Your lack of publicly funded health care system means people have to take care of themselves.

    Though, someone dies, becomes injured etc, it costs society a LOT of money. Hence having to wear seatbelts. Simple economics.

    ReplyDelete